Nash Carr - just racing around, playing golf.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Fort GC - Indianapolis, IN


The Fort Golf Resort. Pete Dye replaced (re-design fee, $1.00) the original William Diddle designed Fort Benjamin Harrison Army golf course with one of the best public courses in the midwest states. After Fort Ben was designated for closure, most of it became a state park. As a young private, I was stationed at Fort Ben from March 1987 - June 1987. I met my friend Tim there for a round of golf last June. It had been more than 18 years since I had been back to the base. $72 with cart (same price walking) , definitely worth the drive. I went back and played it again in September 2005. Lots of great holes, nice, yet not too harsh, many nice elevation changes. No houses on the course! Be sure and play here! Click here for pics of The Fort GC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home