Nash Carr - just racing around, playing golf.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Orchards - Robert Trent Jones Jr.





Although I try my best to avoid using a golf cart and playing cart golf whenever possible, I seem to be doing it frequently. I also hate houses on or any where near the golf course. The Orchards is "cart golf" with lots of houses, but I loved it anyway.

A 4 hour round, super quick greens (in April up north no less) and all 18 holes were great. $45 with cart, spring rates. BTW, the prices jack up to $85 in the summer. I would rather play here than Shepherd's hollow and they charge $85 as well. This course now ranks in my all time top 10 (I have played about 118 different golf courses now).

The 2002 USGA US Amateur Public Links Championship was played here in 2002. It was won by current PGA tour member Ryan Moore. The Orchards is the only Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed golf course in the Detroit metro area. They have a great driving range as well. When nearby Detroit, be sure and play this golf course!

Click Here to see the pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home